Classroom Course Duration: 5 days
Online Course Duration: 4 months
For course dates, fees and location please see our calendar.
API-570 Certification Examination
API Authorized Piping Inspectors must have a broad knowledge base relating to maintenance, inspection, alteration and repair of in-service metallic piping systems. The API Authorized Piping Inspector Certification Examination is designed to determine if applicants have such knowledge.
The examination consists of two parts. The closed-book part tests the candidate on knowledge and tasks requiring everyday working knowledge of API Standard 570 and the applicable reference documents. The open-book portion of the examination requires the use of more detailed information that the inspector is expected to be able to find in the documents, but would not normally be committed to memory.
API 570 Exam Preparation Course
This preparation course provides delegates with an overview of all parts mentioned in API 570 Exam Publications Effectivity Sheet.
The course is a combination of presentations and multiple-choice questions and answers.
Suitability – Who should attend?
Individuals who are going to take the API 570 Piping Inspector Examination or Plant engineers and inspectors who want to get more information on the Piping Inspection.
Training Course Content
The applicable parts of:
A. API Publications:
- API Standard 570 – Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Rerating of In-Service Piping Systems
- API Recommended Practice 571, Damage mechanisms Affecting Fixed equipment in the Refining Industry
- API Recommended Practice 574 – Inspection Practices for Piping System Components
- API Recommended Practice 577, Welding Inspection and Metallurgy
- API Recommended Practice 578 – Material Verification Program for New and Existing Alloy Piping Systems
B. ASME Publications:
- Section V, Non-destructive Examination
- Section IX, Qualification Standard for Welding, Brazing and Fusion Procedures; Welders; Brazers; and Welding, Brazing and Fusing Operators
- B16.5, Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings
- B31.3, Process Piping
LifeTech Engineering Ltd.
Unit 13, Innovation Centre,
Aberdeen Energy Park,
Exploration Drive, Bridge of Don,
Aberdeen, AB23 8GX, UK.
Phone: +44 (0) 1224 824112
General & Service Information:
- API 571 Corrosion Certification
- API 579 Fitness for Service Assessment
- API 580/581 Risk Based Inspection
- Asset Integrity Management
- Pipeline Integrity Management
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Certification
- API 580 RBI Certification
- API 653 Storage Tank Certification
- Corrosion Control in Upstream
- Corrosion Management System