Duration: 4 days
The purpose of this course is to provide the attendees with an overview of corrosion concerns in offshore upstream production of Oil & Gas industries. It aims to identify and examine corrosion, metallurgical and materials failures that can occur in any process and utility units within this industry. The attendees will have an opportunity to examine techniques and practices that can be used to control corrosion and enhance the integrity of the production plant.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course is designed for all disciplines engaged in the day to day operation of the plant. It includes, but not limited to, Corrosion and inspection engineers, Equipment, Process, Mechanical, Metallurgical Engineers, integrity managers, project engineers and all technologists who are involved with hydrocarbon production, processing, safety and commissioning. Management will also benefit by increasing their awareness of corrosion monitoring to maintain the plant in a safe mode. In addition, manufacturers of equipment, suppliers of materials to this industry and the procurement team engaged in the project will also benefit in attending this course.
Training Course Content
- Assessment test
- Overview of exploration and production
- Types of oilfield equipment
- Fundamental of corrosion
- Upstream Materials Classification
- Types of oilfield corrosion mechanisms
- Sour service corrosion
- Sweet (CO2) corrosion
- Corrosivity evaluation and predictive models
- Corrosion by water, seawater, produced water, etc.
- Impact of corrosion in oil & gas industry
- Corrosion Prevention Techniques
- Corrosion inhibition
- Corrosion monitoring and inspection
- Case studies
- Role of Materials & Corrosion Engineer
- Main oilfield standards and guidance
LifeTech Engineering Ltd.
Unit 13, Innovation Centre,
Aberdeen Energy Park,
Exploration Drive, Bridge of Don,
Aberdeen, AB23 8GX, UK.
Phone: +44 (0) 1224 824112
General & Service Information:
- API 571 Corrosion Certification
- API 579 Fitness for Service Assessment
- API 580/581 Risk Based Inspection
- Asset Integrity Management
- Pipeline Integrity Management
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Certification
- API 570 Piping Certification
- API 580 RBI Certification
- API 653 Storage Tank Certification
- Corrosion Management System