Classroom Course Duration: 5 days
For course dates, fees and location please see our calendar.
Fitness-For-Service (FFS) assessments are quantitative engineering evaluations that are performed to demonstrate the structural integrity of an in-service component that may contain a flaw or damage, or that may be operating under a specific condition that might cause a failure. This training course provides guidance for conducting FFS assessments using methodologies specifically prepared for pressurised equipment. The guidelines provided in this Standard can be used to make run-repair-replace decisions to help determine if components in pressurised equipment containing flaws that have been identified by inspection can continue to operate safely for some period of time.
Theory and practical examples
- Fitness-For-Service Engineering Assessment Procedure
- Damage Mechanisms
- Thickness, MAWP and Stress Equations for an FFS Assessment
- Stress Analysis Overview for an FFS Assessment
- Material Properties for Stress Analysis
- Alternative Method for Establishing the Remaining Strength Factor
- Assessment of Existing Equipment for Brittle Fracture
- Assessment of General Metal Loss
- Assessment of Local Metal Loss
- Assessment of Pitting Corrosion
- Assessment of Hydrogen Blisters and Hydrogen Damage Associated with HIC and SOHIC
- Assessment of Weld Misalignment and Shell Distortions
- Assessment of Crack-Like Flaws
- Assessment of Components Operating in The Creep Range
- Assessment of Fire Damage
- Assessment of Dents, Gouges, And Dent-Gouge Combinations
- Assessment of Laminations
- Assessment of Fatigue Damage
- Worked Examples using FITest Software
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand API 579
- Implement FFS assessments
- Make run-repair-replace decisions
Plant engineers and inspectors including inspection, corrosion, materials, integrity, maintenance, design engineers and integrity related managers.
LifeTech Engineering Ltd.
Enterprise Centre, Exploration Drive,
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, UK - AB23 8GX
Phone: +44 (0) 1224 824112
General & Service Information: