Classroom Course Duration: 5 days
Online Course Duration: 4 months
For course dates, fees and location please see our calendar.
API-653 Certification Examination
API Authorized Aboveground Storage Tank Inspectors must have a broad knowledge base relating to tank inspection and repair of aboveground storage tanks. The API Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector Certification Examination is designed to identify individuals who have satisfied the minimum Qualifications specified in API Standard 653, Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Reconstruction.
The examination consists of two parts. The closed-book part tests the candidate on knowledge and tasks requiring everyday working knowledge of API Standard 653 and the applicable reference documents. The open-book portion of the examination requires the use of more detailed information that the inspector is expected to be able to find in the documents, but would not normally be committed to memory.
API 653 Exam Preparation Course
This preparation course provides delegates with an overview of all parts mentioned in API 653 Exam Publications Effectivity Sheet.
The course is a combination of presentations and multiple-choice questions and answers.
Suitability – Who should attend?
Individuals who are going to take the API 653 Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector Examination or Plant engineers and inspectors who want to get more information on the Aboveground Storage Tank Inspection.
Training Course Content
The applicable parts of:
A. API Publications
- API Recommended Practice 571, Damage Mechanisms Affecting Equipment in Refining Industry
- API Recommended Practice 575, Inspection of Atmospheric and Low-Pressure Storage Tanks
- API Recommended Practice 577, Welding Inspection and Metallurgy
- API Standard 650, Welded Steel Tanks for Oil Storage
- API Recommended Practice 651, Cathodic Protection of Aboveground Petroleum Storage Tanks
- API Recommended Practice 652, Lining of Aboveground Petroleum Storage Tank Bottoms
- API Standard 653, Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Reconstruction
B. ASME Publications
- Section V, Non-destructive Examination
- Section IX, Qualification Standard for Welding, Brazing and Fusion Procedures; Welders; Brazers; and Welding, Brazing and Fusing Operators
LifeTech Engineering Ltd.
Unit 13, Innovation Centre,
Aberdeen Energy Park,
Exploration Drive, Bridge of Don,
Aberdeen, AB23 8GX, UK.
Phone: +44 (0) 1224 824112
General & Service Information:
- API 571 Corrosion Certification
- API 579 Fitness for Service Assessment
- API 580/581 Risk Based Inspection
- Asset Integrity Management
- Pipeline Integrity Management
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Certification
- API 570 Piping Certification
- API 580 RBI Certification
- Corrosion Control in Upstream
- Corrosion Management System