Classroom Course Duration: 5 days
For course dates, fees and location please see our calendar.
RISK-BASED INSPECTION (RBI) methodology is used to manage the overall risk of a plant by focusing inspection efforts on the process equipment with the highest risk. RBI provides the basis for making informed decisions on inspection frequency, the extent of inspection, and the most suitable type of NDE. In most processing plants, a large percent of the total unit risk will be concentrated in a relatively small percent of the equipment items. These potential high-risk components may require greater attention, perhaps through a revised inspection plan. The cost of the increased inspection effort may sometimes be offset by reducing excessive inspection efforts in the areas identified as having lower risk.
Theory and practical examples.
- Introduction to API RP 580
- Introduction to API RP 581
- Risk Overview
- Inspection Planning
- Damage Mechanisms
- Probability of Failure
- Consequences of Failure
- Risk Calculations
- Inspection Planning
- Atmospheric Storage Tanks
- Pressure Relief Devices
- Heat Exchanger Bundles
- Worked examples using RBLX Software
Benefits of Attending
- Learn how to manage your RBI contractors
- Evaluate if RBI is required for your organisation
- Learn how to implement RBI
- Understand your RBI contractor’s recommendations
Delegates completing this course can expect the following learning outcomes:
- Summarize API 580 and 581
- Explain damage mechanisms
- Explain calculations of PoF, CoF and Risk
- Determine inspection planning
- Explain RBI methodologies for ASTs, HE Bundles and PRDs
- Work out practical examples
Plant engineers and inspectors including Inspection, Corrosion, Materials, Integrity, Maintenance and design engineers.
Items to bring
API RP 581 Document (optional)
LifeTech Engineering Ltd.
Unit 13, Innovation Centre,
Aberdeen Energy Park,
Exploration Drive, Bridge of Don,
Aberdeen, AB23 8GX, UK.
Phone: +44 (0) 1224 824112
General & Service Information:
- API 571 Corrosion Certification
- API 579 Fitness for Service Assessment
- Asset Integrity Management
- Pipeline Integrity Management
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Certification
- API 570 Piping Certification
- API 580 RBI Certification
- API 653 Storage Tank Certification
- Corrosion Control in Upstream
- Corrosion Management System